Ithaca Public Schools and the Ithaca Food Service offer breakfast and lunch to the students of Ithaca Public Schools. The chart below will help you know the costs you can expect to pay for your student's meals at school.
|Full Price||Reduced Price Student||Free Student|
|Jr/Sr High Breakfast||
|Jr/Sr High Hot Lunch||
|Jr/Sr High Ala Carte||
Cost marked per item
Cost marked per item
|Cost marked per item|
Please fill out a Free and Reduced Price School Meal application if you feel you might qualify, you can do this at lunchapp.com. If you have any question please contact Mr. Bongard @ (989) 875-3373 Ext. 1618.
Benefits to eating Breakfast:
- Children who skip breakfast have slower memory recall.
- Hungry children have lower math scores and are more likely to repeat a grade.
- Behavioral, emotional and academic problems are more prevalent among hungry children.
- Hungry children are more likely to be hyperactive, absen, or tardy in addition to having behavioral and attention problems more often than other children.
- Hungry teens are more likely to have been suspended from school and have difficulty getting along with other children.
Eating breakfast at school helps improve children’s school performance:
- Children who eat breakfast at school – closer to class and test-taking time – perform better on standardized tests than those who skip breakfast or eat breakfast at home.
- Children who eat a complete breakfast, versus a partial one, make fewer mistakes and work faster in math and number checking tests.
- Children perform better on tests of vocabulary and matching figures after eating breakfast.
- Participating in school breakfast is associated with improved math grades, attendance and punctuality.
- Consuming breakfast improves children’s performance on demanding mental tasks and reaction to frustration.
- Providing breakfast to students at school improves their concentration, alertness, comprehension, memory, and learning.
10 Reason to Eat Breakfast at School
- Start off right-reduce your stress level before it gets started with Breakfast's energizing qualities.
- Avoid the urge to snack on sugary, less nutritious food.
- Improve test scores and classroom performance.
- Show up more often and on time.
- Be able to pay attention all day.
- Change your attitude! Energy released from regular meals helps maintain a calm, even disposition.
- Fights off illnesses - breakfast eaters get more vitamins minerals and nutrients to battle infections and stay healthy.
- Maintain a healthy weight - breakfast eaters control weight more easily.
- Enjoy yourself with your "new and improved" school breakfast program. You'll find old favorites and adventurous new healthy tastes.
- Have more energy for the whole day.
Come and have Breakfast with us.
Elementary breakfast is from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Jr/Sr High School breakfast is from 7:15 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
After School Meal
Ithaca Public Schools is offering an after school meal to any and all students that participate in an after school program. These can include athletic practices and events, after school studying, club meetings, etc.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Director of Dining Services Chartwells
Ithaca Public School
710 N. Union
Ithaca, MI 48847
Food Service is provided by:
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer