Parents or Guardian,
Effective for the 2017-2018 School year the Elementary Breakfast will cost $1.40 and Lunch will cost $2.75, the High School/Middle School Breakfast will cost $1.60, and Lunch will cost $3.00.
Please fill out a Free and Reduced Price School Meal application if you feel you might qualify, you can do this at lunchapp.com. If you have any question please contact Mr. Bongard @ (989) 875-3373 Ext. 1618.
Benefits to eating Breakfast:
- Children who skip breakfast have slower memory recall.
- Hungry children have lower math scores and are more likely to repeat a grade.
- Behavioral, emotional and academic problems are more prevalent among hungry children.
- Hungry children are more likely to be hyperactive, absent and tardy, in addition to having behavioral and attention problems more often than other children.
- Hungry teens are more likely to have been suspended from school and have difficulty getting along with other children.
Eating breakfast at school helps improve children’s school performance:
- Children who eat breakfast at school – closer to class and test-taking time – perform better on standardized tests than those who skip breakfast or eat breakfast at home.
- Children who eat a complete breakfast, versus a partial one, make fewer mistakes and work faster in math and number checking tests.
- Children perform better on tests of vocabulary and matching figures after eating breakfast.
- Participating in school breakfast is associated with improved math grades, attendance and punctuality.
- Consuming breakfast improves children’s performance on demanding mental tasks and reaction to frustration.
- Providing breakfast to students at school improves their concentration, alertness, comprehension, memory, and learning.
10 Reason to Eat Breakfast at School
- Start off right-reduce your stress level before it gets started with Breakfast's energizing qualities.
- Avoid the urge to snack on sugary, less nutritious food.
- Improve test scores and classroom performance.
- Show up more often an on time.
- Be able to pay attention all day.
- Change your attitude! Energy released from regular meals helps maintain a calm, even disposition.
- Fights off illnesses-breakfast eaters get more vitamins minerals and nutrients to battle infections and stay healthy.
- Maintain a healthy weight-breakfast eaters control weight morn easily.
- Enjoy yourself!!!!! with your "new and improved" school breakfast program you'll find old favorites and adventurous new healthy tastes.
- Have more energy for the whole day.
Come and have Breakfast with us. Breakfast at the Elementary start at 7:30am till 8:00am, at the High School, breakfast starts at 7:15am till 8:00am.
After School Meal
Ithaca Public Schools is offering an after school meal to any and all students that participate in an after school program. These can include athletic practices and events, after school studying, club meetings, etc.
Lunch Account Accessible Online
If you would like to see how much money is in your Child's Lunch Account, you can go to the web page of sendmoneytoschool.com. You will have to set up an account, and the program will need to know the Student ID, which you can contact the Food Service, or the School that your Child goes to. If you have any problems, please contact the Ithaca Food Service.
The Ithaca Public Schools, and the Ithaca Food Service, offer a hot breakfast everyday at the Elementary, and High School/Middle School. The cost for the Breakfast at the Elementary is $1.40, $.30 for Reduce qualified students, and Free for Qualified Students, at the High School/Middle School, the cost is $1.60, and Reduce student are $.30.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Director of Dining Services Chartwells
Ithaca Public School
710 N. Union
Ithaca, MI 48847
Food Service is provided by:
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer