About Ithaca Public Schools
Ithaca Public Schools, one of the leading school systems in mid-Michigan, is very proud of our students, alumni and community. Some of our many attributes include:
- Ithaca Public Schools high academic standards are reflected in our North Central Accreditation in grades K-12.
- Numerous award and accomplishments including: MASB Michigan’s Best Education Excellence Award, Governor’s Cup, Spartan Award, Yearbook Award of Excellence, along with many academic and athletic league championships.
- An elementary program committed to small class sizes and providing an exemplary curriculum. Our elementary students also receive instruction in art, music, physical education and media/technology.
- A full range of academic programs that are designed to meet the needs of our diverse student population.
- The availability of athletics, fine arts and leadership opportunities for all students.
- An enhanced academic program through a variety of offerings such as Advanced Placement courses, dual enrollment, interactive television, Web-based courses and vocational education classes.
- Continual school improvement activities that are fully supported by the Board of Education. A curriculum review process ensures constant evaluation, revision and improvement. This is reflected in our above average MSTEP scores.
- The Responsible Thinking Process in all buildings. This process trains educators to teach students to take responsibility for themselves by learning to think on their own, to respect the rights of others, to make effective plans, and to build self confidence.
- The belief that community and parent involvement is essential for strong, successful schools.
- Top notch commitment to instructional technology.
District Improvement Plan
Click the link below to view the 18-19 District Improvement Plan.