|710 N. Union St.|
Ithaca, Michigan 48847
Mr. Steven Netzley, Junior-Senior High Principal
Mr. Terry Hessbrook, Assistant Principal/A.D.
Welcome to Ithaca Jr/Sr High School
2016 Open House Information
This year's Jr/Sr High School open house will be from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM on Tuesday, August 30, 2016. Please come and meet your student's teachers in anticipation for the beginning of the school year!
School Start/End Time Change
Jr./Sr. High School students: 8:05 AM - 2:55 PM
Jr./Sr. High School students: 8:05 AM - 11:20 AM
Ithaca Junior-Senior High School (IHS) is a high performing school which offers a wide variety of academic and extra-curricular activities. Even longtime Ithaca residents, however, may not know that:
- IHS was recognized by US News & World Report in 2012, 2013, and 2015 as one of the best high schools in the nation.
- IHS offers a wide variety of courses for the gifted and talented: AP Biology, AP Physics, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History, and AP English Literature.
- Qualifying high school students can "dual enroll" at the various local colleges, receiving both high school and college credits.
- Spanish I and II is offered each year for our high school students.
- Students can take Advanced Placement (AP) courses and foreign language courses that are not currently offered at IHS on-line through Michigan Virtual High School.
- IHS offers 50 online classes through Edgenuity that can be used for credit recovery and electives.
- IHS offers a wide variety of extra-curricular activities, including Business Professionals of America, Model United Nations, Quiz Bowl, Writing Team, Technology Team, Science Olympiad, and Visual Arts.
- IHS offers a full selection of art courses as well as Marching Band, Concert Band, Choir, and Jazz Band.
- The Alma and Mt. Pleasant Career Technical Center offers a wide variety of classes to IHS students. IHS offers transportation to both Alma and Mt. Pleasant for morning and afternoon classes.
- Ithaca Junior-Senior High School also offers a wide variety of athletic opportunities for both boys and girls.