Parents or Guardian,
Due to the rising cost of food, the Ithaca Food Service, incorporation with the Ithaca School Board, will be raising the full paid Breakfast and Lunch. Effective for the 2016-2017 School year the Elementary Breakfast will cost $1.40 and Lunch will cost $2.75, The High School/Middle School Breakfast will cost $1.60, and Lunch will cost $3.00
Please fill out a Free and Reduced Price School Meal application if you feel you might qualify, you can do this at lunchapp.com. If you have any question please contact Mr. Bongard @ (989) 875-3373 Ext. 1618
Benefits to eating Breakfast:
• Children who skip breakfast have slower memory recall.
• Hungry children have lower math scores and are more likely to repeat a grade.
• Behavioral, emotional and academic problems are more prevalent among hungry children.
• Hungry children are more likely to be hyperactive, absent and tardy, in addition to having
behavioral and attention problems more often than other children.
• Hungry teens are more likely to have been suspended from school and have difficulty getting
along with other children.
Eating breakfast at school helps improve children’s school performance:
• Children who eat breakfast at school – closer to class and test-taking time – perform better on
standardized tests than those who skip breakfast or eat breakfast at home.
• Children who eat a complete breakfast, versus a partial one, make fewer mistakes and work
faster in math and number checking tests.
• Children perform better on tests of vocabulary and matching figures after eating breakfast.
• Participating in school breakfast is associated with improved math grades, attendance and
• Consuming breakfast improves children’s performance on demanding mental tasks and
reaction to frustration.
• Providing breakfast to students at school improves their concentration, alertness,
comprehension, memory, and learning.Parents or Guardian,
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us:
Rick Bongard Director Dining Services | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | office (989) 875-8013
Food Service is provided by: